DEAR MR. ROONEY:
In an interview yesterday when asked about the perception of the team being a circus, you replied…”We finished a half game of winning the division. It’s disappointing, but I’m not sure how that makes you a circus.” Really? Have you not been paying attention at all the past five years?? For the record, let me list just some of the goings on underneath the Steelers big top………
- 2018 – Sued for throwing furniture from a balcony, nearly hitting a child
- 2018 – Had $80,000 in cash and a hand gun stolen
- 2018 – Threatened not one, but two reporters via social media
- 2018 – Skipped practice earlier this season, followed by the famous “trade me and find out” comment
- 2018 – Walked out on the team before the last game of the season, hasn’t returned any calls since.
- 2017 – The “FaceBook Live” incident after a playoff game.
- 2018 – Skips entire season in dispute over Franchise Tag.
- 2017 – Skips practice before playoff game versus Jaguars.
- 2016 – Suspended four games for substance abuse
- 2014 – Charged with marijuana possession when pulled over with LeGarrette Blount.
- 2018 – Takes shots at multiple teammates during weekly radio show.
- 2017 – Strongly hints at retirement during off-season.
- 2017 – Only Steelers player player to come out fo the National Anthem while team had decided to stay in tunnel in protest. Inadvertently created weeks of controversy for the team.
- 2017 – Benched for a game for being a distraction.
- 2016 – Suspended entire season for substance abuse.
- 2015 – Suspended first four games for substance abuse.
- 2017 – Sued for “body slamming” someone resulting in a broken leg.
- 2017 – Suspended four games for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
- Walks off the field during a game versus Titans.
- 2017 – After being released, details come out of sleeping during meetings. Takes multiple shots at Mike Tomlin.
- 2017 – Arrested for assaulting a doorman at a Pittsburgh bar.
- 2017 – Had to be removed from his son’s high school football game for berating the coach.
- 2017 – Involved in a physical confrontation outside a Pittsburgh bar on New Years Eve.
- 2017 – Accused of having a profanity laced tirade against officials of his son’s football game
- 2013 – Fined $100,000 for obstructing a kick return versus Baltimore Ravens.