1. Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold – QB – USC
Browns finally get their franchise quarterback. It only took….well forever.
2. New York Giants: Saquon Barkley – RB – Penn St.
The Giants seem intent on making one last run with Eli Manning. It’s a huge mistake passing on a potential future star quarterback.
3. New York Jets: Baker Mayfield – QB – Oklahoma
Is there a player in the draft better suited for New York than Mayfield? I’m claiming the nickname now “Broadway Baker”.
4. Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen – QB – Wyoming
(Trade with Cleveland) Bills will sell their souls to get up high enough to take a quarterback. Rosen is better, but Allen may be better suited to play in the Buffalo weather.
5. Denver Broncos: Josh Rosen – QB – UCLA
Case Keenum will eventually become the most expensive backup in NFL history.
6. Indianapolis Colts: Bradley Chubb – EDGE – North Carolina St
Colts need help everywhere, getting the top pass-rusher is a good start.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Harold Landry – EDGE – Boston College
The Bucs were one of the worst pass rushing teams in the league in 2017……problem solved.
8. Chicago Bears: Tremaine Edmunds – LB – Virginia Tech
At 6′ 5″ and 250lbs, Edmunds is the kind of long athletic linebacker the Bears covet.
9. San Francisco 49ers: Quenton Nelson – OG – Norte Dame
Nelson is just too good for the 49ers to pass up. He is the best guard to come out of the draft in years.
10. Oakland Raiders: Roquan Smith – LB – Georgia
Raiders get the best linebacker in the draft at pick ten.
11. Miami Dolphins: Vita Vea – DT – Washington
The Dolphins jettisoned Suh, now they get a cheaper and less controversial replacement.
12. Cleveland Browns: Mike McGlinchey – OT – Norte Dame
(Trade with Buffalo) That was one hell of an offensive line at Norte Dame in 2017. The second top 12 pick from that line has some big shoes to fill in Cleveland.
13. Washington Redskins: Derwin James – S – Florida St.
Washington is ecstatic to get an impact safety here.
14. Green Bay Packers: Marcus Davenport – EDGE – UTSA
Packers need a pass rusher, small school standout Davenport is the best on the board at pick 14.
15. Arizona Cardinals: Lamar Jackson – QB – Louisville
Jackson goes from playing for one Cardinals to another. Arizona fans can breath easy knowing that Bradford and Glennon aren’t the only qb’s on the roster.
16. Baltimore Ravens: Calvin Ridley – WR – Alabama
There isn’t a team in the NFL that needs a wide receiver more than Baltimore.
17. Los Angeles Chargers: Minkah Fitzpatrick – Alabama
A good defense gets even better with the versatile Fitzpatrick.
18. Seattle Seahawks: Denzel Ward – CB – Ohio St.
Ward isn’t the prototypical Seahawks corner, but he’s too talented for them not to take.
19. Dallas Cowboys: Maurice Hurst – DT – Michigan
Just the kind of dominant defensive tackle the Cowboys are looking for.
20. Detroit Lions: Derrius Guice – RB – LSU
The Lions haven’t had a 100 yard rusher in forever. Guice could make life for Matt Stafford a whole lot easier.
21. Cincinnati Bengals – Rashaan Evans – LB – Alabama
The Bengals May have finally realized its time to move on from Vontaze Burfict.
22. Cleveland Browns – Sony Michel – RB – Georgia
Browns building quite the offense with Darnold, Landry, Gordon, Njoku, and now Michel.
23. Los Angeles Rams: Courtland Sutton – WR – SMU
The Rams get their replacement for the departed Sammy Watkins.
24. Carolina Panthers: DJ Moore – WR – Maryland
Remember when I said the Ravens were the team most in need of a wide receiver? I take it back, it’s Carolina hands down.
25. Tennessee Titans: Taven Bryan – DT – Florida
Titans could use a pass rusher here, with the top ones gone they fill another need on the defensive line.
26. Atlanta Falcons: Da’Ron Payne – DT – Alabama
Falcons fill the spot left by free agent Dontari Poe.
27. New Orleans Saints: DJ Chark – WR – LSU
Chark stays in the stare of Louisiana, and gives Drew Brees a weapon on offense.
28. Pittsburgh Steelers: Leighton Vander Esch – LB – Boise St.
The biggest need for the Steelers is inside linebacker. In Vander Esch, they get a TJ Watt clone on the inside.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars: Mason Rudolph – QB – Oklahoma St.
Does anybody really think Blake Bortles is the answer at qb for the Jags? Neither do they, Rudolph gives them a possible future stark.
30. Minnesota Vikings: Will Hernandez – OG – UTEP
Hernandez fills one of the few holes for this Super Bowl contender.
31. New England Patriots: Kolton Miller – OT – UCLA
Protecting Tom Brady’s blind side has to be priority one for the Patriots.
32. Philadelphia Eagles: Mike Gesicki – TE – Penn St.
The Super Bowl champions add another unique weapon to their loaded offense. Doug Pederson will enjoy exploiting mismatches for the tall and athletic Gesicki.