It’s the slow season for news on the Steelers so let’s have some fun. Here are my top 10 teams who’s throwback uniforms are better than their current ones. And no I don’t think the Steelers are one of them, even though the “bumble bee” jerseys really grew on me!Let me know what you think in the comments section.
1. Seattle Seahawks: This is not even close in my opinion. The new color scheme is horrendous compared to the old one!
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: I may be in the minority here, but I loved the cream cycle colors of the 70’s Buccaneers. The new unis aren’t bad at all, but let’s bring back the swashbuckling buccs helmets of old!
3. New England Patriots: This is another one that isn’t close for me. Pat Patriot is so much better then the flying Elvis!
4. Tennessee Titans: This franchise never should’ve changed the name and logo! So much history represented in that Oilers logo. Change it back immediately!
5. Denver Broncos: The old D helmets were such a classic, I never understood why they changed. Sometimes teams try too hard to be modern.
6. Washington Redskins: The Redskins have had several versions of uniforms over the years. I’ve always been partial to the arrow with feathers helmet as the best of the bunch.
7. Buffalo Bills: The Bills have sort of gone back to the throwback colors, but without that original helmet it’s just not as good.
8. Atlanta Falcons: Admittedly the Falcons uniforms are not a whole lot different then they’ve been in the past. The original falcon logo with the red helmet and black jerseys is by far the best look though.
9. Jacksonville Jaguars: I have absolutely no idea what they are thinking with that two toned abomination of a helmet they are sporting now. Time to trash that thing and go back to the original.
10. Miami Dolphins: Again it’s a not a huge difference, but the classic dolphin on the helmet should never have been changed. It’s another example of trying to be too modern.